Mirrored Hood option and some helpful tricks and tips...

Mark

• Admin

Ok so The Whole Mirrored hood well we think of World of wheels and Show cars But to be honest I like them on just about any damn thing kinda like tinted windows a good friend of mine back in High School... Gary Burns...said man go out to the junk yard...

Look at all the cars then imagine them with tinted Limo windows...

They all even that shitty one on blocks will look better so the value is increased...

Makes sense to me...

Mirrors looks cool if you do them right they can add a touch of class or if half ass done they can look hideous and way overboard and outta place...

First Try to have something worth reflecting...

We dont lounge in front of big glass windows looking at ourselves do we...

So think even a really clean stock engine when maintained is a nice reflection...

And while we are at it Ill cover a couple things all kinda related to engine pulling your hood is off you may as well take the nose off and do headlights or whatever you feel the need to get done while everything else is out of your way...

Also adding Driving Aux lights Underglows or rock lights...

Sand Blast the engine bay and paint again with like 12 cans of rattle Black gloss...

lol

Dont forget to re install the rubber section for the nose support Like I did once...

IMAG1359.jpg

IMAG1360.jpg

IMAG1361.jpg

IMAG1362.jpg

IMAG1363.jpg

IMAG1396.jpg

IMAG1397.jpg

IMAG1398.jpg

IMAG1399.jpg

IMAG1400.jpg

IMAG1401.jpg

IMAG1402.jpg

IMAG1410.jpg

IMAG1411.jpg

Here I go Again...

ezgiFlag-resize.gif

Mark@AmericanJeeper.us

• Admin

So here are a couple of tricks for the mirror hood installation...

You can locate them Ill grab links in a minute for yall

So you get your box and your ready...

Wash your shit before you even start...

And then clean it some more...

Then when your ready you can wipe it and would eat peanut butter from that spot...

grab the kit only instead of using the brown Liquid nails the guy sells in the kit...

Grab some real Marine Grade Adhesive chalk and look at each mirror and exactly how its gonna fit...I would suggest taping them up in position all at least once to make sure they all look and fit proper...

Now keeping this in mind... remember the reflectors are like a thick plexiglass with a bit of flex but so is distortion...in the bend...so the idea is to get them as flat and clean installed as possible this means you may have some gaps and voids and you also may not be professional at everything Like I am so if your not at installing Chalking and making really nice smooth lines and working with the shit...

Then I suggesting paying attention...lol

hehehehe

Just seeing whos reading really...

So anyhow kinda keep this in mind...

I went ahead not knowing and used the shitty Liquid nails... and it drips brown poo look and its really messy and well it basically sucked...

Before i did too much damage I ran and grabbed some really heavy duty Black marine grade silicone Sealant... and went at it...

Then after I got it all secured and looking in the best location I later went back and filled in underneath where the gaps and voids were so I could get a nice shiny and smooth blend in I also added the Shaker to the hood Just sick of messing with it...

Well hell I found these pics and I can explain...LOL

So since the 79 and 77 shaker are different as you can see the 77 sat thinner and lower but since it will be mounted to the hood anyway a sleeker look to me will be nice also the engine still fits the hood the same... The air filter now a full air flow draws from all sides including the top itself...

So I switched shakers painted it then decided I didnt like the gold and the clear coats keep messing up the paint would look cracked so I said screw it went black and mounted it with electronics for the installed shaker back light then sealed it to the hood... if you notice you see the brown liquid nails and a void gap like I was attenmpting to explain...  first pic below here...

IMAG1191.jpg

IMAG1192.jpg

IMAG1194.jpg

IMAG1195.jpg

IMAG1196.jpg

IMAG1197.jpg

IMAG1199.jpg

IMAG1201.jpg

IMAG1202.jpg

IMAG1205.jpg

IMAG1206.jpg

Here I go Again...

ezgiFlag-resize.gif

Mark@AmericanJeeper.us

• Admin

Then you notice down here at the bottom the mirrors look cut in and filled a lot better...

also I trimmed the mirrors in painters tape all along the edge line and then I painted Jet Gloss black... all over the transition from hood to seal to part...

shaker whatever...cross brace...

then when I peeled the painters tape this left me with a preitine edge and all on the actual reflective surface of the mirrors by using the glas the lines are crisper and cleaner and the tape removal went like a snap...

Here I go Again...

ezgiFlag-resize.gif

Mark@AmericanJeeper.us