So third and Final Engine thats still in Christine... 469 CI 7.7 L

Mark

• Admin

But first...

Ever wanted to get better Burn from your fuel and more efficiency from your engine?

Me to thats why I support Holley 850s and up... 🙂

Ok seriously...

Dont ever wrap a set of headers yourself (Unless you work for NASA and have access to an EVA Suit because that shit gets everywhere...

I itched for five days...

Got kicked out of bed twice and had to change and do laundry twice...

So dont even wrap your own to gain what you get from the added insulation for detonation precision...

because well its not worth it... 🙂

Also headers...No more just run manifolds I watched as race car drivers were running manifolds and I was running Headers and I said how come you guys dont run headers they all laughed and said what a useless waste of time and energy for nothing...

You may not even be able to tell it at all... Im thinking at 7000 rpms everything matters to a big block...

🙂 anyhow so I did it never to do again...

And bolt up of the two headers takes me about 3 hrs... 🙂

IMAG1416.jpg

Here I go Again...

ezgiFlag-resize.gif

Mark@AmericanJeeper.us

• Mark changed the title to So third and Final Engine thats still in Christine... 469 CI 7.7 L
  • Admin

It will only be pushing the power-steering pump and the Alternator...

Everything else is electric controlled...

Also all the head lights have been converted to LED and (the Spots are still Quartz Halogen) Hot... but the Water pump is now electric and the fans also are now electric and have a controller...

Here I go Again...

ezgiFlag-resize.gif

Mark@AmericanJeeper.us

• Admin

This is where I say look at the passenger Firewall notice anything different?

Like the Heater core duct and AC are walled over...

I personally dont even care about AC or Heat at this junction I drive jeeps so I am good and I also grew up sweating in these beast... and also cruising at 120 up the highway at 3 am with Tees out also... some trade offs are just fine...

Here I go Again...

ezgiFlag-resize.gif

Mark@AmericanJeeper.us

• Admin

That engine was built by a Marine Shop for high speed boats in Miami Florida and has had approx 8800 done to it, punched a 400 to 469 CI Not the best block either for it but holding up surprisingly with 550 ft lbs of torque out the rear... and 518 Horsepower as she sits...

If I add EFI and Brain I gain instantly 100 more Horsepower...

Then I plan on adding a Tremic TKO 600 Manual six speed with Overdrive... running these 2:73 gears... I really want to drop even lower to a 2;21 or so...

this car will clock at 160 in the configuration I have now minus the transmission...

🙂

Here I go Again...

ezgiFlag-resize.gif

Mark@AmericanJeeper.us