So the next major mod was engines...

Mark

• Admin

I got the car fixed up all special starting to be like back in my day...

And I could hear a grinding in the bottom end...

I figured it was only a matter of time now before the bearings seized up or spun...I figured better to fix it not broken than blow it...and do more damage so I went and bought this...I know your gonna say damn...

In PA when you buy an engine at a junk yard... you pay for CI so a 350 is 350 a 455 is 455 bucks I know sounds weird so anyhow here is my 400 - 400 Pontiac... why not an olds when they turn up quicker?

Because CI to CI a Pontiac produces more Engine Torque than other engines Hand down...:) thats why...

So a reminder thats the first engine I got before I did anything except dress it up then started hearing a rattle just before it shifted into the next gear...

Engine Came in Car.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

IMAG0294.jpg

Intake.jpg

New Carb.jpg

Original Engine after upgrade 2.JPG

Original Engine after upgrade.JPG

Here I go Again...

ezgiFlag-resize.gif

Mark@AmericanJeeper.us

• Admin

Then I cleaned and prepped and painted and assembled and we go the heads worked because thats what ya do then I had to buy another one so instead I bought two 4X 🙂

Off a 68 Tempest... HO Heads...

Red and Black 1.JPG

Red and Black 2.JPG

Red and Black 3.JPG

Here I go Again...

ezgiFlag-resize.gif

Mark@AmericanJeeper.us

• Admin

For the time being It seemed to work...

SO I focused on the interior mods for a brief spell... 🙂

at least the car would move and not sound like it was going to rattle a bearing loose...

IMAG0044.jpg

Here I go Again...

ezgiFlag-resize.gif

Mark@AmericanJeeper.us

• Admin

Then two days later while I was waiting for the seats and all the added interior parts I wanted would arrive My car burst into flames...

The culprit was the new re manufactured Eldlebrock carb...

IMAG0421.jpg

IMAG0422.jpg

IMAG0423.jpg

IMAG0424.jpg

IMAG0425.jpg

IMAG0426.jpg

IMAG0427.jpg

IMAG0428.jpg

IMAG0429.jpg

IMAG0430.jpg

IMAG0431.jpg

IMAG0432.jpg

IMAG0434.jpg

IMAG0444.jpg

IMAG0445.jpg

Here I go Again...

ezgiFlag-resize.gif

Mark@AmericanJeeper.us

• Admin

Smelled fuel didnt think much of it since my cars have always burned rich...

had been idling approx 15 minutes while I was getting ready for work and little did I know the carb was leaking onto the intake...

When I romped down as I left the motel it ripped to life and burned all the way until third gear then I let off I was already at 60 mph and I heard Pop and a flame went right up my windshield from my hood...

Luckily I had a fire extinguisher close bye and was able to get it out in less than 1 and a half minutes...

it was exactly the day after Fathers day... 🙂

DSCF0406.JPG

DSCF0407.JPG

DSCF0408.JPG

DSCF0409.JPG

DSCF0415.JPG

DSCF0416.JPG

DSCF0417.JPG

DSCF0418.JPG

IMAG0045.jpg

Here I go Again...

ezgiFlag-resize.gif

Mark@AmericanJeeper.us

• Admin

Those were all from the weekend before the fire...

USAA rep tried to claim the car totaled and I said I would drop them and pull my claim if they demanded it totaled...

I said Ill fix it myself no way You total a 1979 TA for some paint and a couple wires...

Then I went back on Edlebrock also and they wanted to fight until I said fine my USAA wouldnt cover one part because they deemed it the reason for the fire and its the carb you sold me so I want a refund and Ill ship it back to you do whatever you want I want a Holley and never settled before Im not settling now...

They reluctantly agreed refunded my cash and 1700 later I got her back bu the decal and paint ship screwed me and never applied any clear coat...

Here I go Again...

ezgiFlag-resize.gif

Mark@AmericanJeeper.us

• Admin

If you look close you can see the letters peeling back from the wind this was three days after paint and a 1200 mile ride...

So I peeled the stickers off and went with none...

IMAG0460.jpg

IMAG0461.jpg

IMAG0462.jpg

IMAG0463.jpg

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0465.jpg

IMAG0466.jpg

IMAG0467.jpg

IMAG0468.jpg

IMAG0469.jpg

IMAG0609.jpg

The end of this one for now...