Self Application of Monsta Liner...and Prep...and more prep... and yet more prep....

Mark

• Admin

Ok, now to pick this up I'll start with I have already purchased Two set ups one for Red Using Woman in Red color from them

(now you can also tint it to your exact color match ask them...)

So I have one set in Woman in Red enough to reportedly do a jeep - Trust me buy a 1/3rd more than estimated amount... Reason being touch ups third forth coats in some areas... and also having a back up for minor touch ups for future if it doesnt last oh well no big deal...

Im in at about 800 plus for the parts and materials required...

Next you Prep and no matter how much you do prep you will find many things you didnt even catch until the red glob is already there...or black in my case....

I prepped for four and 1/2 days and Ill be honest finally I said screw this I mean I could never stop... so Im gonna red neck the job because my fingers are killiing me I have been to the store now three times to buy Painters masking tape...to work with and IM tired plus it takes four to five days to fully cure you dont want rock chips and dents and bugs and guts in your paint job... even though the bugs wont really matter since they are biodegradable... as long as your cool seeing the antenna for that flying whatever for the next two yrs... 🙂

So you start to apply...when you do keep this in mind...

When you paint and get to much build up it will run...

Usually rattle can if you wait about 15-20 min to hit the same spot again it will hold and not sag or run on you...

This stuff does the same thing for 8 hours... at least a solid 5 so when you do things like the hood move them every fifteen to 30 minutes to prevent sagging and runs...

Trust me if you can lay it flat do so and leave it be then you can grab most in a second coat touch up coat...

If your doing the underside of the hood work on getting the underside upwards angles first then the flat next... this way it will aid with some sode surface tension and will help keep the flats up until they start to get solid...

I did my hood three to four separate times due to this very thing... Pay attention and thin to win...remember make five coats but if you go thick and it drops on you or a sag starts to run your going to have to wait or wipe with mek immediately and feather the edge and wait then retry... then smooth all that crap out with third and forth coats...

This is now the application section... 🙂

You will discover just like me that rather than using the blue Styrofoam rollers you may in fact realize that solvents eat That Styrofoam crap... and soon you will have a tiny sliver at the top sharp as glass strong as fiberglass and will get you and sand away you will for all your points that roller leaves a boat load as it starts to fail... and its due to also the amount of pressure you push down as to exactly how long until it def fails...

So I opted for a more material mini roller and found they lasted about 3 times as long and you will get the FEEL for it as you work on your whatever your Monsta lining...

More pics time...

DSCF4580.JPG

DSCF4581.JPG

DSCF4583.JPG

DSCF4585.JPG

DSCF4586.JPG

DSCF4587.JPG

DSCF4588.JPG

DSCF4590.JPG

DSCF4591.JPG

DSCF4592.JPG

DSCF4593.JPG

DSCF4594.JPG

DSCF4595.JPG

DSCF4598.JPG

DSCF4599.JPG

DSCF4600.JPG

DSCF4601.JPG

DSCF4602.JPG

DSCF4603.JPG

DSCF4604.JPG

DSCF4605.JPG

DSCF4606.JPG

DSCF4607.JPG

DSCF4608.JPG

DSCF4610.JPG

DSCF4612.JPG

DSCF4613.JPG

DSCF4614.JPG

DSCF4615.JPG

DSCF4616.JPG

Here I go Again...

ezgiFlag-resize.gif

Mark@AmericanJeeper.us

• Admin

Ok I started in the trunk and on the floor boards and then door trims...

Then doors laying flat and I did them in red first then black then I panned on going red again then black a final time defining the doors but I got a call telling me to be on the jobsite in three days so I had to just let dry and drive like this for the next two months... soon to get completed mostly...

I started sanding the hardtop that same day I got the call to return to work, does it matter well now its half sanded in addition to not matching until that point I had 3200 in that hardtop and all so I should have started when I was positive I could complete, oh well work called so I jump...

With correcting the proper roller and use in the technique of application cutting in and free handing and thinking so I dont mind a red mark on the bottom of the seat when I see it Ill still think well its a single stroke shit happens and I didnt have to remove those damn bolts and worse to get her done... 🙂

Here I go Again...

ezgiFlag-resize.gif

Mark@AmericanJeeper.us